Denim Day Respect Summit
Hold a half day conference for students, faculty, and staff to come and learn about how to react, support, and respect sexual assault survivors.
- Inform people on the proper ways to react when someone tells you that they have been sexually assaulted.
- Hold event the week of Denim Day or on the day itself as part of an effort to raise awareness.
- Make public and advertise the sessions so that people are able to coordinate their schedule for ones they want to attend.
- Sessions can be open and a person does not need to commit to the whole event.
- Have a representative from campus Mental Health/Counseling Center present to help with anyone who may become upset.
- Empower participants to know that their voice can make a difference and that the information is delivered in a thought provoking and useful manner.